Thanks to the work of some very clever devs it is now possible to Jailbreak your Windows RT Device with just a couple of clicks.
The point of the Windows RT Jailbreak is not to run Pirated Applications, it simply unlocks Desktop Mode which allows you to run Win32 Applications.
How to Jailbreak your Windows RT Device:
- Boot your RT device and log in, leave it to sit on the desktop for a couple of minutes.
- Download the latest version of Windows RT Jailbreak Tool from HERE.
- Extract the Windows RT Jailbreak Tool to a folder on your Tablet.
- Run runExploit.bat and leave it to work its magic, it should take no more than 20 seconds. If this is the first time you run the runExploit.bat it will launch Powershell to install the ModernUI app just follow all the prompts that it gives you during install.
- Press Volume Down when needed.
- Wait for runExploit.bat to finish, answer any prompts it gives.
- Thats it your Windows RT Device should now be Jailbroken.
Now your Windows RT Device is Jailbroken you can run Win32 Applications that are designed to run on your Windows Desktop Computer. There is a slight catch, they need to be recompiled to work on your Windows RT Device.
A good list of Applications which have already been recompiled to run on Windows RT can be found HERE.
If you have any questions or comments relating to this article or Jailbreaking your Windows RT Device please post them in the comments section below.