The Evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak has been one of the most downloaded Jailbreaks of all time and in my opinion the most stable too. There has only been one major bug reported in the initial release of the Evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak, but this can be fixed by following the simple steps below.
The Evasi0n Jailbreak Bug makes the Stock Weather App Crash on iPhone, on the iPad it actually unhides the Weather App (not usually included as standard on iPads) but it still crashes.
Evasi0n iOS 6 Jailbreak Weather App Bug Fix:
- Load Cydia and and install OpenSSH and Mobile Terminal to your iOS Device.
- With both the above packages installed run the Terminal App enter the following then press enter:
- You will then be asked to enter your password, if you haven’t changed it the default password is “alpine” without quotes.
- Next copy and paste the following code into Terminal and press enter:
chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
- After the step above your device should reboot itself and the Evasi0n Jailbreak Weather Bug has been fixed.
If you have any questions or comments relating to this article or the Evasi0n Jailbreak Weather Bug please post them below in the comments section.