Since the Evasi0n iOS Untethered Jailbreak was released just a few days ago there has been a huge amount of activity within the Jailbreak Community including Jailbreak Tweak Updates, Bug Reports and even a recently released update to the Evasi0n Jailbreak to fix the long boot times and the weather app crashes.
A new bug has now been discovered but not with the Evasi0n Jailbreak, its actually with iOS 6.1 itself. The bug means that every time you respring your device temporary cache files are created and the more times you respring the more files are created, eventually filling the free space on your device.
It seems that iOS 6.1 is not removing the temporary files after you respring your device. This can be easily resolved with a Cydia Tweak called RespringCacheFix developed by Ryan Petrich.
How to Install RespringCacheFix:
- Open Cydia by tapping the Cydia icon from your Springboard.
- On Cydia’s main screen, tap the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “Edit” button at the top right, then the “Add” button at the top left.
- Add Ryan Petrich’s Beta Repo by adding the following URL:
- Once the Repo is added search for “RespringCacheFix” (without quotes) and install.
- Thats it RespringCacheFix will automatically get rid of these junk files for you after each respring on iOS 6.1
This fix is only required for iOS 6.1, no other iOS versions seem to be affected.
If you have any questions or comments relating to this article please post them in the comments section below.